Democrats yank border security from defense bill
During the last few years one of the main political footballs has been national security. Due to many Democrats’ strong anti-war rhetoric, the Republicans accused many Democrat candidates of being soft on security. And, the Democrats kept shooting back that they weren’t. Well, here’s what’s happening now that the Democrats are in charge of national security. Lindsay Graham inserted funding in the defense bill to the tune of about $3 billion for border security. It was approved by the Senate 95-1.
Then, something strange happened. In committee, the Democrats removed the funding.
Time to insert the very regular comments I make here:
- Where is Nancy Pelosi’s transparency?
- What is the point of the Senate even voting if Reid’s going to allow it to be dicked around with after the vote?
- The bill Bush will be given to sign will contain many other aspects of national security. Will he veto this because it fails to deliver what the DEMOCRATS promised last year?
- Why isn’t this on the headlines of ABC, CBS, MSNBC, or CNN?
- Will Hillary claim she was swift-boated because her vote didn’t count?
- And of course, how will Keith Olbermann turn this into some Republican conspiracy?
This is getting so redundant it’s ridiculous.
- February 16, 2009 -- Beheading not worth reporting? (0)
OK, so we got a tv station owner in Buffalo, NY. He's got a beautiful wife. For reasons I'm not aware of, the tv station owner decides things are not good between them and therefore cuts her head...
- July 31, 2009 -- Nancy Pelosi’s Culture of Corruption – New Jersey edition (0)
New Jersey's having all kinds of fun over the last week or so. Here's some of their local headlines:
Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt (R-Ocean), Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano, Secaucus Mayor Dennis El...
- June 3, 2010 -- Linda Sanchez sees white supremists (3)
Accusing the Arizona immigration law of leading to the slippery slope of racial profiling has apparently worn thin. Linda Sanchez decided to up it a notch:
"There's a concerted effort behind prom...
- April 16, 2009 -- Cooper and Shuster love teabagging (0)
I just did a little piece about how media was going the way of National Enquirer. Now, I was somewhat limited in my disdain since I was relying on the internet for my news. Apparently, the sexual...
- September 3, 2008 -- Media Double standard? (3)
Several in media have been insinuating that there might be a double standard at play regarding Sarah Palin. Let's see. We've had a couple of very recent events to compare. So, let's do, shall we...