Democrat Senators Forget all about what they ran for
Remember that promise of change in 2006? You know, the one where the Democrats promised to get rid of the cronyism and corruption in DC? Well, they had a chance to walk the walk yesterday. There was a bill in the form of an amendment to eliminate earmarks completely. Here’s a list of the “changelings” and how they voted for significant change:
- Jim Webb – Voted against it
- Ben Cardin – Voted against it
- Sheldon Whitehouse – Voted against it
- Jon Tester – Voted against it
- Ben Casey – Voted against it
- Amy Klobuchar – Voted against it
- Sherrod Brown – Voted against it
- Kent Conrad – Voted agaisnt it
- Jeff Bingamen – Voted against it
- Bill Nelson – Voted against it
- Maria Cantwell – Voted against it
- Debbie Stabenow – Voted against it
That’s the “change” you all elected.
How many times will people be suckered by that tired promise?
For what it’s worth, I was opposed to this amendment. However, I never promised anyone change without meaning it.
- May 2, 2007 -- Bush vetoes the Iraqi pullout bill ( and restores the Constitution ) (4)
Yesterday Bush vetoed the Iraqi pullout bill. In that bill, it had emergency spending for the military as well. That was both expected politically, and I expected it for bigger reasons. Spendin...
- January 24, 2013 -- That Hopey Changey thing: Eliminating filibusters (0)
Within one day after President Obama was sworn in for his second term, Harry Reid was putting in motion the vote to eliminate most filibusters.
Here is the list of the Senators that think this i...
- May 11, 2009 -- Fannie Mae is now an entitlement program (0)
A lot has been made over the collapse of Fannie Mae. For a while, peeps kept insisting it was apparently a short term blip and that a huge infusion of cash would apparently make everything good. ...
- April 2, 2008 -- The best thing from Debbie Stabenow so far (1)
I have picked on Debbie Stabenow quite a bit here. I think she's an idiot. So far, just here, I have picked on her for:
Running for reform but voting against eliminating earmarks. ( That's ca...
- June 18, 2008 -- Kent Conrad is lying (1)
Kent Conrad, DEMOCRAT from North Dakota, and Chris Dodd, DEMOCRAT from Connecticut, have been caught up in a bit of a mini-scandal. It may get bigger, but I doubt it. Now, both have made the same...