McCain – Rice?
Man, there is nothing more I’d love to see this fall than a McCain/Rice ticket. Talk about ending this race mucho prompto? Think ahout it.
- Condi would, to say the least, neuter the race issue that so far is exclusive domain of Obama. It’s there, for sure, and will be a factor in November. However, Hillary is completely unable to mention it. That would be true with McCain as well in the fall. Every single time McCain would mention a social issue, I’m sure there will be plenty of Obama minions ready to play the race card. Doubt me? Look how many times Clinton’s peeps, who were part of the 60′s equality fights, have been inferred as racists for simply even mentioning the fact that Obama is not pasty white. Now, if Condi were front and center with McCain, it would make the entire issue moot. Which, in my opinion, is what the issue should be in the first place if we truly believe there is equality. If there truly is not, then all races should be allowed to discuss that fact, not just one.
- Condi I think would completely neuter the gender issue as well. She is a woman. She is an attrative woman. She is a strong woman. She is a woman that women can like ( except Barbara Boxer ), and men can respect as well. The problem with Hillary is not too many people perceive her as being too womanly these days.
- Condi is an icon of conservatism. Now, this is where it gets weird. The most powerful conservative Republican in the country would be a black female. Not exactly the stereotype Hollywood is used to painting either Republicans or conservatives as. Given the options at this time, convervatives are not exactly happy with any of the candidates. IF they do vote, it will be the lesser of evils. With Condi, they could get excited. I know I would.
- Condi has unbelievable foreign policy experience. And, she very quietly gets things done. To say the least, it would put a stop to Hillary’s 3am commercials.
- Lastly, although McCain is an icon of male America, owning his own beer company, shooting big guns in war situations, being held prisoner of war, banging models, and the whole bit, Condi gives other kids something to shoot for. Well versed, well educated, speaks multiple languages, trained in classical music. In other words, a symbol of the United States for kids that want to be something a little more ethereal. We need this in the worst possible way right now.
Now, with Condi, we get the entire package of what America is. We get more minority representation, gender equality, moderate AND conservative values, macho symbolism AND brains. It’s just too perfect.
For that reason, it will never happen. Politics just doesn’t usually work that way.