Top Ten Poverty Cities
This is fun. This is another one of those “fun with numbers” things I like to do. I got this via email, so don’t really know it’s source. I have verified the list itself ( it’s dated, but accurate ), I have not verified the added content. If anyone finds an error, just holler.
TOP TEN POVERTY CITIES
- Detroit, MI hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1961
- Buffalo, NY hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1954
- Cincinnati, OH hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1984
- Cleveland, OH hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1989
- Miami, FL has never had a Republican mayor
- St. Louis, MO hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1949
- El Paso has never had a Republican mayor, TX
- Milwaukee, WI hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1908
- Philadelphia, PA hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1952
- Newark, NJ hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1907
- June 3, 2010 -- US-Mexico border is a safe place to be? (2)
That's the AP headline this morning.
AP Impact: US-Mexico border isn't so dangerous
MEXICO CITY — It's one of the safest parts of America, and it's getting safer.
It's the U.S.-Mexico border, ...
- August 19, 2009 -- 545 People (0)
I love Snopes.com. No telling what you'll find there. Humor, movies, sports, paranormal, extra-terrestrial, politics, you name it, it's there. One of today's stories involve an opinion piece wri...
- August 7, 2007 -- The battle for Newark, NJ (0)
Apparently there's a war going on. Nevermind Iraq or Afghanistan, this one's a little closer. Try Newark, NJ. Accordingto Fox, nearly 60 murders so far this year. Also according to the same art...
- January 18, 2013 -- Supporting the death penalty: From the city of brotherly love (0)
This really just makes me sad:
Authorities in Philadelphia have arrested a man they say attacked a woman at a local subway station and threw her onto the tracks.
Read more: http://www.fox...
- July 20, 2007 -- Elected officials who really, really, care (2)
This is making the rounds, and it's true:
I doubt it really served any purpose. But, I'm fully in support of Michael Polensek in this case and agree with every word he says here. Sounds li...