Obama’s making history
We got the news that unemployment claims have risen this week. That’s in July. That’s as in traditionally one of the busiest months of the year. That puts Obama on a course of distinction:
- November 7, 2008 -- That pesky unemployment rate just keeps getting bigger and bigger (0)
People pretty much tend to blame employment, or lack thereof, on the President. However, economic policy and spending comes from Congress. Sure, the Senate has some input, but what gets voted on ...
- July 16, 2009 -- Unemployment concerns (0)
Things aren't looking for the immediate future to me. I'm sure that's a shocker. But, the way I see it, even with market fluctuations and such, things are looking rough for the rest of the year. ...
- December 14, 2010 -- Looking back on minimum wage (0)
I had this to say a while back:
Fair warning here folks, the next couple of years will suck if you’re an independent business owner
That was in reference to Ted Kennedy wanting to raise the minum...
- March 7, 2010 -- Harry’s really happy ONLY 36,000 people lost their jobs (0)
OK, so some economist said a whole bunch of people might lose their jobs. Then, the actual numbers came in less than what might have been.
Harry Reid was thrilled. You can see the excitement i...
- August 26, 2010 -- That pesky 10,000 mark (1)
A few months or so ago, Obama hit the beach and started delivering his "economy is recovering, but not enough" message. Some think this was in response to the rather catastrophic forecast of th...