That Hopey Changey thing: Eliminating filibusters
Within one day after President Obama was sworn in for his second term, Harry Reid was putting in motion the vote to eliminate most filibusters.
Here is the list of the Senators that think this is such a good idea they chose to co-sponsor it:
- Sen Baldwin, Tammy [WI] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Begich, Mark [AK] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [NY] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Harkin, Tom [IA] – 1/3/2013
- Sen Heinrich, Martin [NM] – 1/22/2013
- Sen King, Angus S. Jr. [ME] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Klobuchar, Amy [MN] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Menendez, Robert [NJ] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Merkley, Jeff [OR] – 1/3/2013
- Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. [MD] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Murphy, Christopher S. [CT] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Sanders, Bernard [VT] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Schatz, Brian [HI] – 1/23/2013
- Sen Shaheen, Jeanne [NH] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Tester, Jon [MT] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Warner, Mark R. [VA] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Warren, Elizabeth [MA] – 1/22/2013
- Sen Whitehouse, Sheldon [RI] – 1/22/2013
In case you’re curious to the party breakdown, that’s 18 Democrats including Reid, and 1 independent who’s caucusing with the Democrats.
Just to be clear, the first order of business isn’t creating jobs or worrying about the poor, it’s a power grab. Pure and simple and absolutely nothing more. A power grab by the majority party so they don’t have to deal with the minority party at all. That’s all this is.
Just wanted you all to know that when you go preaching that hopey changey crap.